QUEEN SCHOLARSHIP CONTEST
Sponsored by J.M. Smucker PA, Inc.
Hosted by New Bethlehem Civic Club
Applications must be received. No late applications will be accepted. If there are an inadequate number of entrants, this contest may be cancelled. All applications should be submitted to:
Redbank Valley Chamber of Commerce
c/o Ali Mortensen
309 Broad Street, Suite 2
New Bethlehem, PA 16242
Questions please call: 513-255-6593
RULES FOR ENTRY:
- Entrant must be a resident of the Redbank Valley School District.
- Entrant must be a female at least 16 years old and not exceed 19 years by the same date.
- Entrant must be single, never married and have no children. Entrant must not be pregnant during the time of the contest.
- Entrant must be available for appearances during the three (3) day festival
- Entrant must attend all rehearsals and meetings.
- Entrant will be judged according to three categories:
- Written Essay: to be completed at a specified time/place prior
- Pose and Appearance: to occur at a public presentation
- Individual Interview: to occur at a public presentation
The scholarship committee will select all essay and interview material, and identify all judges.
The winner of the contest will receive a $2,000 cash scholarship towards postsecondary education. The runner-up in the contest will receive a $1,000 scholarship towards postsecondary education.