QUEEN SCHOLARSHIP CONTEST
Sponsored by J.M. Smucker PA, Inc.
Hosted by New Bethlehem Civic Club
Applications must be received by June 30th 2019. No late applications will be accepted. If there are an inadequate number of entrants, this contest may be cancelled. All applications should be submitted to:
New Bethlehem Civic Club
119 Washington Street
New Bethlehem, PA 16242
Questions please call: 814.275.1906
RULES FOR ENTRY:
- Entrant must be a resident of the Redbank Valley School District.
- Entrant must be a female at least 16 years old by September 20th, 2019 and not exceed 19 years by the same date.
- Entrant must be single, never married and have no children. Entrant must not be pregnant during the time of the contest.
- Entrant must be available for appearances during the three (3) day festival, September 20th, 21st and 22nd
- Entrant must attend all rehearsals and meetings.
- Entrant will be judged according to three categories:
- Written Essay: to be completed at a specified time/place prior to September 3rd
- Pose and Appearance: to occur at a public presentation on September 3rd
- Individual Interview: to occur at a public presentation September 3rd
The scholarship committee will select all essay and interview material, and identify all judges.
The winner of the contest will receive a $2,000 cash scholarship towards postsecondary education. The runner-up in the contest will receive a $1,000 scholarship towards postsecondary education.