QUEEN SCHOLARSHIP CONTEST
Sponsored by J.M. Smucker PA, Inc.
Hosted by New Bethlehem Civic Club
Applications must be received by June 30th 2017. No late applications will be accepted. If there are an inadequate number of entrants, this contest may be cancelled. All applications should be submitted to:
Mrs. Judy Williams
119 Washington Street
New Bethlehem, PA 16242
RULES FOR ENTRY:
- Entrant must be a resident of the Redbank Valley School District.
- Entrant must be a female at least 16 years old by September 15th, 2017 and not exceed 19 years by the same date.
- Entrant must be single, never married and have no children. Entrant must not be pregnant during the time of the contest.
- Entrant must be available for appearances during the three (3) day festival, September 15th, 16th and 17th
- Entrant must attend all rehearsals and meetings.
- Entrant will be judged according to three categories:
- Written Essay: to be completed at a specified time/place prior to September 5th
- Pose and Appearance: to occur at a public presentation Tuesday, September 5 at the Presbyterian Church social rooms at 7:30pm
- Individual Interview: to occur at a public presentation Tuesday, September 5 at the Presbyterian Church social rooms at 7:30pm
The scholarship committee will select all essay and interview material, and identify all judges.
The winner of the contest will receive a $2,000 cash scholarship towards postsecondary education. The runner-up in the contest will receive a $1,000 scholarship towards postsecondary education.